RemoteNote – release candidate 1.0.2 a2

18 05 2008

I’ve decided to release an alpha version for those interested in testing non-english languages, specifically double-byte characters like Chinese, Korean, etc. 

This version is not available on Installer but is available for download:

You’ll have to manually install it using ssh, winSCP, etc. If you don’t know how to do that, there is a ton of existing information available. Please don’t post comments asking how to manually install.

Aside from language support, I’ve fixed a few bugs (IE caching, extra lines in new notes). I’ve also added a preferences panel which lets you select a font and font size for the editor (note, this has no effect on the actual note text). 

I really need feedback as to what languages work, and what do not. So if you test it out, please do post your experience here in the comments! Of course, any other bugs should be noted as well 🙂


RemoteNote Update – 1.0.1

3 05 2008

I’ve updated RemoteNote to version 1.0.1. Look for it soon on Installer.

New features include:

  • Spiffy Flex-based interface. All actions are now performed on the same page/screen. 
  • Password protection. The default name/password is ‘remotenote/remotenote’. You can change these using the Phone application.
  • Much better unicode support (should now work with languages other than english)

For more information, refer to the official page. As always, let me know what you think using the comments below. Enjoy! RemoteNote is donation-ware. It is free to use, but if you like it and want to see it stick around and improve, please do consider donating. Thanks!